You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.

Close [x]

What to expect when traveling with your pets

People frequently travel with their pets (large or small!), both across state lines and into other countries.  Traveling within the USA is relatively simple, and entry requirements vary by state, but usually consist of a Health Certificate, and a record of vaccination for dogs, cats, and other small animals.  If traveling by airline, please check with your carrier beforehand as to their specific requirements.  Typically, the airline would require a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI), or a Health Certificate.  Horses crossing state lines require a current Coggins test and a CVI. Only certain vets who have gone through a special accreditation process can write a CVI.  When traveling overseas, requirements are far more strict and frequently require months of planning.  The USDA has a great website to help you plan for your travels with your pet, and to find an accredited veterinarian who can write your Health Certificate or CVI.  Please do not hesitate to give us a call if you have any questions or concerns.  We have several accredited veterinarians who can assist you in planning your travels with your pet.


Click Below To Shop Online

Office Hours

Day Open Closed
Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
7:30am 7:30am 7:30am 7:30am 7:30am 8:00am Closed
10:00pm 10:00pm 10:00pm 10:00pm 10:00pm 1:00pm Closed